Stride Out Events Terms and
* By paying the Fees you are agreeing to participate in the Race and be bound by these Conditions.
* To run our 10K's you must be at least 16 years of age on the Race Date and to run our 5K's you must be at least 12 years old and have written consent from Parents/Guardian.
* In the event that your address changes after you pay the Fees, please inform us of the address change by sending an
e-mail to the following address: email@example.com. Race Information will be sent out mainly via email 1 week before the start of the race and for late entrants as and when payment is received.
* You will receive details of your start time and start location as well as car parking and toilet facilities in the race information so please read carefully.
* These vary per race and will be shown on the race page for the particular event
* If your entry is accepted the Fee is non refundable other than as otherwise stated in these Conditions.
* At all times during the Race you must adhere to all instructions given by the Race officials.
* It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the correct equipment, footwear and clothing for the Race, taking the weather
conditions into account.
* You are not permitted to be accompanied by your pets or other animals.
* You are strictly prohibited from swapping, selling or transferring your race number without the prior authorisation of the Race Organisers.
* You are not permitted to use the following items in the Race:-
(a) roller skates;
(b) wheel barrows;
(c) cycles; or
(d) Any other item that we, in our reasonable opinion, deem to cause danger or risk of danger to you or other
(e) Headphones are not permitted in any of our races for the safety of other runners and yourself and runners found using them may be disqualified.
* Fancy dress costumes are permitted provided that they do not involve the carrying of large objects and will not
restrict the individuals ability to move around the Race course. You are recommended to seek approval of any
costume you intend to wear whilst participating in the Race.
* You warrant to us that you are, and will be on the Race Date, sufficiently fit and healthy to participate in the Race
unaided, and in accordance with these Conditions.
* We withhold the right to refuse entry to the Race or ask you to cease participation if:-
(a) you fail to follow instructions given by Race officials;
(b) you attempt to participate in the Race in a manner that we, acting reasonably, believe:-
1. may cause injury to you;
2. may cause injury to another participant;
3. may damage or harm the environment;
4. is likely to cause offence; or
5. otherwise causes a risk or potential risk to health and safety including any failure, in whole or in
part, to comply with the restrictions in the above (Event Safety);
6. in our opinion you are unfit to race due to:- the consumption of alcohol; the use of drugs; an injury or illness; or you fail to arrive at the start location at the specified time; or
You are unable to make sufficient progress in the Race to, in the reasonable opinion of the Race officials,
allow you to complete the Race in daylight or whilst the weather conditions are conducive to the
completion of the Race.
CANCELLATION BY YOU/RACE RULES
* Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
* Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, you may not give or
sell your race number to anyone else without the prior approval of the organisers.
* You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenge of this event.
CANCELLATION BY US
* We may cancel the Race if circumstances beyond our reasonable control arise, including, without limitation, political unrest, or inclement weather conditions.
* We may cancel the Race if one month before the Race Date we have not, in our sole discretion, received sufficient
number of participants to make the Race economically viable.
* In such circumstances:-
* We will, if practicable, provide written notice of cancellation by email
* In the event of cancellation of the Race we will have no responsibility for any costs incurred as a result of cancellation
including any travel or accommodation costs, including your travel to the Race location.
In the situation that we cancel due to insufficient numbers we reserve the right to retain £4.00 from the refund of the Fee as a contribution to administration costs.
* The privacy of our race entrants is extremely important to us and we will never disclose your Name, Address, Medical Conditions or Email Address to other runners.
* We only use the information we collect about you lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
* We will never sell, trade or rent your details to any third parties. We collect personal information about you (name, address, email etc) when you enter the race.
* By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions you authorise Stride Out Events to use you details (Name, Address, Email Address) to notify you of Future Events which we are organising.
Should you wish not to receive notification via email or post of our future events then please notify us via email firstname.lastname@example.org for your details to be deleted from our mailing list.